Hi, I'm Amanda Cook.
I'm an author, entrepreneur & alchemist.
I believe following the threads of our curiosity leads us to our best life & work.
We can find meaning in our life and work through deep connection. Connection with ourselves, our places, the seasons, our community, our ancestors & the wild plants around us.
My work explores the intersection of personal growth, entrepreneurship and alchemy.
Here's a bit more about me:
- I'm the founder of Wellpreneur, where we've helped thousands of health coaches, nutritional therapists, yoga teachers, personal trainers, acupuncturists, herbalists and other holistic practitioners grow their wellness businesses using online marketing.
- I’m the author of the bestselling book Wellpreneur, its companion, The Wellpreneur Planner.
- I used to believe I could find success (read: happiness) by setting impossibly high standards for myself, working hard, and becoming "well rounded." I got a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Dartmouth College, and started working as a technical consultant in a software startup.
- I've travelled to 58 countries and spoken on 6 continents (I'm waiting for an opportunity to speak on Antarctica!)
- For 12 years, I worked in the tech industry, ultimately managing partnerships across Europe and Africa, and generating over $1M per year in sales. I worked and lived in the US, UK and France.
- My husband and I spent 10 weeks travelling overland from Hong Kong to London, by train -- in the middle of winter! You can read about our journey here.
- I’m a health coach and herbalist. I’ve studied reiki and traditional Thai herbal medicine. I use EFT tapping and tarot cards, daily. I ferment sauerkraut and forage for local weeds to make into plant medicines.
- I'm a total introvert who loves public speaking (and then needs to hibernate to recover!)
- I've always loved reading, writing & creating. As a kid, I published a (family) newsletter and recorded videos & stories with my friends -- and now I do the same for my work!
Connect with me on social media or get in touch here.