Hi, I'm Amanda Cook.
I'm an author, entrepreneur & alchemist.
I help entrepreneurs, business owners & executives answer the question "What's next?" so that they can create the next phase of life & work with meaning, impact & magic.
That's me in a few words. If you want to learn more, read on...
"What you seek, is seeking you." -Rumi
I believe that if you're curious about something, there's a good reason.
Following the threads of your curiosity leads you to your best life & work.
Here are some stepping stones along my path:
- I'm the founder of Wellpreneur, where we've helped thousands of health coaches, nutritional therapists, yoga teachers, personal trainers, acupuncturists, herbalists and other holistic practitioners grow their wellness businesses using online marketing.
- I’m the author of the bestselling book Wellpreneur, its companion, The Wellpreneur Planner.
- I used to believe I could find success (read: happiness) by setting impossibly high standards for myself, working hard, and becoming "well rounded." I got a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Dartmouth College, and started working as a technical consultant in a software startup.
- For 12 years, I worked in the tech industry, ultimately managing partnerships across Europe and Africa, and generating over $1M per year in sales. I worked and lived in the US, UK and France.
- I clearly remember the moment I looked at the people 10 years ahead of me in my career and thought - wow, I really don't want that life. It was like a light switch. Suddenly, I knew I had to find another way. And I had absolutely no idea what the other way was.
- I've travelled to 58 countries and spoken on 6 continents (I'm waiting for an opportunity to speak on Antarctica!)
- My husband and I spent 10 weeks travelling overland from Hong Kong to London, by train -- in the middle of winter! You can read about our journey here.
- I’m a health coach and herbalist. I’ve studied reiki and traditional Thai herbal medicine. I use EFT tapping and tarot cards, daily. I ferment sauerkraut and forage for local weeds to make into plant medicines.
I wholeheartedly believe that holistic wellness will change the world. In my work, I weave both the alchemy (rituals, remedies, ancestors, plants) and action (business skills, marketing, tech) into a recipe for meaningful work and personal freedom.