Here’s a list of my very favorite natural health + beauty resources. I personally use and recommend the products and services below, and recommend them to my friends and clients. Some of the links below are affiliate links. That means that I’ll get a commission if you buy through them – and it doesn’t affect the price to you! Thank you for supporting VintageAmanda by clicking through the links below before making a purchase!
My Top Recommendations
Food Matters TV (FMTV): My top recommendation for healthy lifestyle inspiration! Explore wellbeing, expand your knowledge and stay up to date on the latest industry trends and experts with FMTV’s ever-expanding library of wellness content. From eye-opening documentaries to recipe tutorials to yoga classes and exclusive expert interviews, there’s always something new to watch.
Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health by Rosemary Gladstar: If you only buy one book to learn about making your own remedies and beauty products, make it this one! This book is packed with easy to access information divided into sections like stress, beauty, children, men and elders. And is really recipe-focused, so you can get started making products right away. Rosemary also has a wonderful holistic perspective on health and life. If you like my blog, you’ll love this book.
Institute for Integrative Nutrition: When I got serious about turning my interest in natural health & beauty into a career, I signed up for this health coach training program. I’ve met many of my closest friends, supporters and advocates through this program, and really recommend it.
Natural Beauty Supplies + Ingredients
- Mountain Rose Herbs: My top recommendation for all herbs, butters, oils and product making supplies. They also have gorgeous pre-blended herbal teas. Based in the US.
- Aromantic : UK-based supplier for herbs, butters, oils and packaging. You can order in any quantity from small to massive!
- Neals Yard Remedies: UK-based supplier for dried herbs, tinctures and product-making supplies in small quantities. If you’re in the UK and just want to try making a few products, pop into a Neals Yard shop to pick up some ingredients. That’s how I got started!
Natural Health + Beauty Books
- [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”1603420789″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.vintageamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/61ig05RXcL.SL110.jpg” tag=”vintaman-20″ width=”110″]Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health by Rosemary Gladstar: If you only buy one book to learn about making your own remedies and beauty products, make it this one! This book is packed with easy to access information divided into sections like stress, beauty, children, men and elders. And is really recipe-focused, so you can get started making products right away. Rosemary also has a wonderful holistic perspective on health and life. If you like my blog, you’ll love this book.
- [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”0553386735″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.vintageamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/518LAZPIRRL.SL110.jpg” tag=”vintaman-20″ width=”73″]Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom by Christiane Northrup, MD: This massive book is my go-to for any women’s health related issue. It’s a comprehensive holistic approach which also discusses mainstream medical treatment for various conditions. A reassuring reference to have on your shelf, so you don’t have to resort to scary google searches for health questions!
- [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”0553403974″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.vintageamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/61857IeQHNL.SL110.jpg” tag=”vintaman-20″ width=”70″]The Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood: This is my go-to book for aromatherapy and essential oils. If you want to use essential oils for health and wellbeing, or simply learn how to choose which essential oils to add to your products, you’ll find this book valuable.
- [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”0765198134″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.vintageamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/51w2yisoLwL.SL110.jpg” tag=”vintaman-20″ width=”80″]Herbal Remedies by Christopher Hedley and Non Shaw: This out of print book is filled with recipes using kitchen ingredients and common plants. If you prefer making remedies using what you have on hand, rather than buying in dried herbs, you’ll like this book. Christopher is a well-known UK herbalist and one of my teachers. It’s practical English herbalism for the home kitchen!
- [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”0967089735″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.vintageamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/61DVSLexiNL.SL110.jpg” tag=”vintaman-20″ width=”82″]Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon: Although I don’t follow any prescribed diet, I love the sections in this book on fermentation and properly preparing beans and grains. There is also really interesting information about traditional diets, and how we shouldn’t be scared of fat (which I completely agree with!)
- [easyazon_image align=”none” height=”110″ identifier=”1931498237″ locale=”US” src=”http://www.vintageamanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/51BbudCTzCL.SL110.jpg” tag=”vintaman-20″ width=”77″]Wild Fermentation by Sandor Katz: If you want to try fermenting foods (from yogurt to kombucha to sauerkraut to beer) this is THE book. It’s not a large book, but packed with info and recipes, and has been the start of many fun weekend projects for me.
Blogs, Websites + Techie Stuff
If you’re interested in how I run my online natural beauty business, please visit my other website WellpreneurOnline.com.
You should also check out The Wellpreneur Podcast, a weekly show about digital marketing and business for wellness entrepreneurs. If you’re a health coach, yoga teacher, herbalist, personal trainer, nutritionist or other holistic health practitioner (or if you’re aspiring to be one!) – you won’t want to miss my podcast!
- WP-Engine is my very favorite, stress-free web hosting that runs all of my websites.
- GoDaddy handles all of my web domains.
- Mailchimp manages my email lists (they also have a free plan if you’re just starting out!)
- Headway Theme is my website wordpress them which I love because it’s drag-and-drop and super easy to update!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. I recommend these companies because I believe they have great products that will be beneficial to you. Please only purchase these products if you feel the same way.